[Crash-utility] Re: [External Mail]Re: [BUG FIXED]fix bug of CACHED in kmem -i show memory

On 2023/11/30 22:05, 薛国伦 wrote:
> Hi kazu:
>

> 1. I found that vmlinux of kernel-6.1 did not have symbol nr_swapper_spaces but only have swapper_spaces
>
> Also check in GKI vmlinux, can not find nr_swapper_spaces

Hmm, upstream kernel 6.1 has it.

$ git show v6.1:mm/swap_state.c

struct address_space *swapper_spaces[MAX_SWAPFILES] __read_mostly;
static unsigned int nr_swapper_spaces[MAX_SWAPFILES] __read_mostly;

> It may have some problem in symbol of nr_swapper_spaces
>

> 2. I think that crash tools will check nr_swapper_spaces first and then check *swapper_spaces, swaper_space[] last.
>
> so first check nr_swapper_spaces not found, crash tool can use *swapper_spaces to enhance compatibility.
>
> The patch i send can resolve this situation which nr_swapper_spaces symbols can not found.

But I cannot determine whether your patch is correct and should be
applied, without kernel patches or the cause of no nr_swapper_spaces.
Could you please find the information (e.g. links) of the related kernel
patches?

Thanks,
Kazu