[Crash-utility] Re: Google Container OS and crash 8.0.4

Yes, it would probably make more sense. You can also probably use _stext instead of module_load_offset too to compare the values as an assertion check.

Sent from my mobile device.

From: HAGIO KAZUHITO(萩尾 一仁) <k-hagio-ab@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, November 29, 2023 4:29 AM
To: Matt Suiche <matt.suiche@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Google Container OS and crash 8.0.4

On 2023/11/22 18:04, Matt Suiche wrote:
> Sounds like this is the issue. Module_load_offset is not present, same
> with init_task though.
>
> root@instance-2:~# grep -e _stext -e module_load_offset -e init_task
> /proc/kallsyms
> ffffffff89000000 T _stext
> ffffffff8909e280 t ptrace_init_task
> ffffffff891c6af0 T ftrace_graph_init_task
> ffffffff89245ea0 T perf_event_init_task
> ffffffff8aba3b46 T rcu_init_tasks_generic
> root@instance-2:~#

Yes, but I don't see the reason why it's not present in /proc/kallsyms,
although it's present in the vmlinux..

Recent kernels have vmcoreinfo in /proc/kcore, maybe we can use the
KERNELOFFSET value instead of the module_load_offset symbol to determine
whether KASLR is enabled.  I might try it when I have time.

Thanks,
Kazu