[Crash-utility] Re: Crash preview with gdb-13.2 support

Hi Kazu,

On Tue, Nov 28, 2023 at 10:38 AM HAGIO KAZUHITO(萩尾 一仁)
<k-hagio-ab@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 2023/11/27 17:31, Tao Liu wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Recently I created a repo as crash-preview[1], which forks from
> > upstream crash utility but provides a higher gdb version support. The
> > purpose of the repo is to ease the work of gdb upgrading for upstream
> > crash utility by doing the gdb upgrading & testing tasks ahead of
> > upstream.
> >
> > Currently gdb-13.2 is enabled for crash-preview. Any suggestions or
> > comments are welcomed!
>
> Great, thank you for the early work!  I will try it later.
>
> btw, do you have any plan or need of rebasing gdb for the present?

No, I don't have a need/plan for upstream crash's gdb rebasing for
now. Currently it works well in our daily job.

However I did see there is patch backported to gdb-10.2, like patch
"gdb: Verify COFF symbol stringtab offset". And it has been 2 years
since the last gdb upgrade. So I think maybe we can prepare the gdb
upgrading work ahead of upstream, more tests can be conducted, thus
upstream can take the gdb upgrading patch when needed and more
smoothly.

Thanks,
Tao Liu