[Crash-utility] Re: Mailling list migration complete

On Fri, 3 Nov 2023 at 03:21, lijiang <lijiang@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, Nov 2, 2023 at 8:11 PM <devel-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
From: Michael Scherer <mscherer@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Mailling list migration complete
To: devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

--000000000000b3662b0608f1f6de

Hi,

if you receive this email, then you have been successfully migrated to the
new list server for the crash utility project.

Thank you so much for helping with the mailing list migration, Michael.  Excellent!

As announced by Lianbo (
https://listman.redhat.com/archives/crash-utility/2023-October/011087.html
), we migrated from the RH server listman.redhat.com based on mailman 2 to
a new dedicated VM hosted by a different RH team.

A automated responder have been set, so if you send to the wrong email, you
should get a error message quite fast.

Nice.

Due to technical limitations of the mailman 2 to mailman 3 migration, we
were not able to migrate some specific settings. If the list do not behave
like it used to be (mostly on digest, etc), you may need to go on the web
interface and change the setting. Contrary to what I said a few days ago

BTW: I just noticed that all members settings are not set, for example:

Members->Member Options
Delivery status

I'm not sure if this behaviour is expected(maybe affecting mail delivery?), or still need to change the setting via the web interface.

I think it default to delivery (or you wouldn't have received the mail after all).

(and that was in the announce mail), the reset password feature do not work
unless you created a account first, sorry about the wrong information. So
if you need to change anything, you need to create first a account, using
the same email as subscribed to the list.

This works well for me.

We are still working on the final touch of the migration, but the list
should be officially usable. If there is anything wrong or weird, please
contact me or my team using the alias comminfra@xxxxxxx (I am not
subscribed to the list directly ), and we will take a look. If the mail
also end in spam, we would be interested to know as it might be some
misconfiguration on our side.

We hope the migration didn't disturb too much the ongoing work.

Thank you for the great job, Michael.

Thanks
Lianbo

--