Is there a way to validate the coherency of a kdump-compressed dumpfile ?

Hello,

I’m trying to setup an analyze procedure (with scripts) and would like to ‘check’ the dumpfile before starting the interactive mode of ‘crash’.

Is there a ‘crash’ option, command that would just :

  • Return a status to say ‘dumpfile is OK to be processed by crash’.
  • Display a header that I could parse.
  • Or ?

Or should I grab directly in the dumpfile (Hmm… kdump-compressed seems not to be easy to parse) ?

More possibilities with an ELF formatted dumpfile ?

Thanks.

Best regards,

Patrick Agrain