Re: wrong values shown by kmem -s

> While this is an improvement over your last post, there are still issues
> with this patchset.  I've been testing it with a wide range of stashed
> vmcores, and I see problems with all of the old 2.6.24 vmcores.  Those
> kernels used an early version of CONFIG_SLUB which did not even have
> the kmem_cache_node.total_objects field.  However, given that the
> kmem_cache_node.total_objects field is encapsulated within CONFIG_SLUB_DEBUG,
> presumably the same problem would occur with a more recent kernel
> if it was *not* configured with CONFIG_SLUB_DEBUG.

I have tried to fix this in the attached new version (and have done a rebase),
but could not confirm that it fixes the problem, since I do not have a
vmcore without total_objects,
and with CONFIG_SLUB_DEBUG disabled "kmem -s" does not work.

crash> kmem -s
kmem: option requires kmem_cache_node.nr_slabs member!
(the kernel must be built with CONFIG_SLUB_DEBUG)

> Other nits:
>
> Please fix these:
>
> $ make warn
> ... [ cut ] ...
> cc -c -g -DX86_64 -DLZO -DSNAPPY -DGDB_7_6  memory.c -Wall -O2 -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -fstack-protector -Wformat-security
> memory.c:17916:7: warning: no previous prototype for 'count_cpu_partial' [-Wmissing-prototypes]
>  short count_cpu_partial(struct meminfo *si, int cpu)
>        ^
> memory.c: In function 'get_kmem_cache_slub_data':
> memory.c:17982:15: warning: unused variable 'free' [-Wunused-variable]
>   short inuse, free;
Done

> In defs.h, please put the kmem_cache_node_total_objects offset_table entry at the end
> of the structure so that it won't break extension modules that haven't been recompiled.

Done

> And lastly, add the display of the kmem_cache_node_total_objects offset to the
> dump_offset_table() function in symbols.c, which is used by "help -o".  That would
> be especially helpful in this case so a user can verify whether the field even
> exists in the kernel being analyzed.  You can put its output line next to the other
> kmem_cache_node offsets.

Done

Thanks,
Vinayak