Re: x86_64: supporting cpu hot remove

Hello Dave,

On 09/09/2014 03:06 AM, Dave Anderson wrote:
I also don't like the idea of making so many changes to the behavior
of so many architecture-neutral commands -- and then restricting it
to x86_64 only.

I can only take x86_64 into consideration, for I am not clear about
other architecture's cpu hot remove. I put the architecture check in
the new API, check_offline_cpu, we can involve other architecture that
supports cpu hot remove.

Many of the changes reflect the contents of per-cpu data structures
of offlined cpus, but even though the cpu is currently offline, the
data structures still exist.  Why prevent the user from viewing their
contents?

I think just showing online cpu's data is reasonable. What about adding
a internal crash variables(used by command set) to hide/show offline
cpu's data?

For the patchset involves too many fixes, I will firstly send one/two
fix to see whether the change is good.

--
Regards
Qiao Nuohan