Re: [BUG] [compressed kdump / SADUMP] makedumpfile header truncation error

On 09/17/2013 03:33 PM, HATAYAMA Daisuke wrote:
(2013/09/17 16:12), Jingbai Ma wrote:
On 09/17/2013 02:55 PM, HATAYAMA Daisuke wrote:

int32_t, int64_t, uint64_t, etc ... are parts of C99 standard:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C_data_types
All there types have been supported by GCC, so them should work on all
the architectures.

Although change these persistent data structure will affect both
makedumpfile and crash utility, but we will benefit from the
consistent data structures independent from architectures. We can
analyze a dumpfile on a OS with different architecture than the
crashed OS.

I know stdint.h things and usefulness if we can use crash and makedumpfile
for a multiple architectures on single arch. In fact, crash already
supports
cross platform build among some architectures thanks to Dave.

My question came from the fact that it looks like you introduced a single
modified kdump_sub_header structure for all the architectures. They might
have different combination of length between int and long and maybe
also have other each architecture specific incompatibility. It wouldn't
work well.

But from your reply, I think you mean a fully new header for
kdump-compressed
format, right? If so, it must work well. But of course you need to modify
both of makedumpfile and crash utility to support it.

Yes, I would like to have a new header for kdump-compressed format. But I'm not sure how much code will be affected in makedumpfile and crash utility.
I'm still under investigating, any ideas would be appreciated.

--
Thanks,
Jingbai Ma