given a makedumpfile processed coredump, generate a symbolic backtrace containing the same info as a standard gdb backtrace

Hi all,

I've got a coredump file processed by makedumpfile (non-elf) and am trying to get a backtrace with all the line numbers, argument values, and argument types like a normal gdb backtrace with debug info (yes, I have a vmlinux built with debuginfo).

gdb refuses to load the core dump (no big supprise there). crash loads it but it's builtin backtrace doesn't appear to use debug info, and as a result doesn't give me arguments + types. Doing "gdb bt" complains about not having a stack.

Any advise? I see a few paths forward:

 - somehow get crash's gdb to understand where the stack is
 - hack gdb to load the non-elf coredump
- modify makedumpfile to allow it to convert the non-elf coredump back to elf.

Thanks.