Re: dis -l problem

> >  When trying to get line numbers for disassembler output, I get
> > "dis: line numbers are not available" and normal disassembled output.
> > What am I missing?
> >
> > thanks,
> >
> >  - Ville
>
> You must be running a "patched-gdb", i.e., using a System.map or
> another vmlinux file on the crash command line that doesn't match
> the running/dumped kernel.

 Yes, I'm inspecting a crashdump and I thought I had compiled exact same
 kernel but "-g" flag enabled.  Does crash need all the kernel modules
 to be compiled with -g option as weel.

 I'm using crash 4.0.3-4 and invoking crash like this:
 > crash vmlinux vmlinux.dbg vmcore
 vmlinux is kernel compiled without "-g" and vmlinux.dbg is "-g" compiled,
 the vmcore is the crashdump file generated by crashkernel. Should "dis -l" work
 in this case? Should I use system.map file as the crash is generated by another
 machine?

 thanks,

 - Ville