Re: dom0cut script updated

Dave Anderson wrote:

> Hi Kazuo,
>
> Have you abandoned the idea of adding an ELF note (or some other
> mechanism) for passing the "pfn_to_mfn_frame_list_list" mfn value
> from the shared, per-domain, "arch_shared_info" structure(s)?
>
> As we proved back in June with the xen vmcore that you sent me,
> there would be no need for dom0cut since the xen vmcore could be
> used unmodified.
>
> I also wonder if it would be in any way possible to determine the
> dom0 mfn value somehow without the xen-syms file?
>
> Thanks,
>   Dave

Furthermore -- if you could pass the "pfn_to_mfn_frame_list_list" mfn
values for all existing domains, it would be possible to bring up
crash sessions for dom0, as well as for any of the domU's -- all
with a single unmodified vmcore.

Also, I'm curious, why doesn't the unmodified vmcore work with
gdb?

Dave