Re: [Fwd: [Crash-utility] crash warnings]

Vivek Goyal wrote:

On Thu, May 04, 2006 at 03:08:14PM -0400, Dave Anderson wrote:
Right, but something is fundamentally wrong with your
vmcore:

                 p_paddr  p_filesz
First segment:          0      8000
Second segment:      8000   1ff7fff
Third segment:   2fd0f001  d02f0fff

It cannot have a p_paddr address that is not page-aligned,
nor can you have a p_filesz that is not page-aligned.

Dave
Vivek et al,

Have there been any recent changes to the kdump code
that might cause strange PT_LOAD segment contents?

Dave, As per my knowledge nothing has changed. Generally PT_LOAD headers are
generated from user space while kernel is being loaded and second kernel
leaves them untouched except updating the offset field. So there are high chances that user space itself is not generating right headers while

Dave Wilder, can you put some debugging statement in kexec-tools and see
what header values are being generated from user space and do they match
with what /proc/vmcore is showing.

I will do some experiments on x86_64.

Thanks
Vivek