Re: [REGRESSION][BISECTED] Audio volume issues since 4178d78cd7a8

On 10/2/24 10:00 AM, Takashi Iwai wrote:
On Wed, 02 Oct 2024 10:21:22 +0200,
Christoffer Sandberg wrote:

On 30.9.2024 09:44, Takashi Iwai wrote:
On Mon, 23 Sep 2024 21:37:42 +0200,
Jerry Luo wrote:

Hi Takashi,

On Mon, 16 Sep 2024 19:22:05 +0200,

Takashi Iwai wrote:

     Could you give alsa-info.sh output from both working and
non-working
     cases?  Run the script with --no-upload option and attach the
outputs.

     thanks,

     Takashi

Issue now reappear, output from alsa-info.sh are attached. If they
are still
needed.
Thanks.  The obvious difference seems to be the assignment of two DACs
0x10 and 0x11 for headphone and speaker outputs.

Christoffer, how are those on your machines?
I attached alsa-info from the Sirius Gen2 device.

Comparing the working/nonworking of Jerry, yeah, the assignment of
0x10 and 0x11 looks switched around. I don't see what difference this
would make. Also, node 0x22 has "bass speaker" controls in the
non-working version.

Comparing the Sirius Gen2 alsa-info with Jerrys, to me it looks like
the non-working version corresponds to our working version.

I would expect the non-working version to happen all the time though
with regards to the "bass speaker" controls. Why would this only
happen sometimes?
Thanks!  The assignment of DACs depend on the pins and topology, so it
can be a bit sensitive.

Now looking more closely at both outputs, I wonder how the commit
breaks pang14.  Maybe it has a PCI SSID 2782:12c5 (or 12c3) while the
codec SSID is 2782:12b3?  If so, the patch below should fix.

Could you guys try it and verify whether it fixes for Pangolin and
doesn't break Sirius?

Takashi

It does seems to fix the issue on Pangolin. It might worth mention that the headphone output will have the same issue when the speaker is not working. Now they are all good. Thanks!

Jerry

[Index of Archives]     [Pulseaudio]     [Linux Audio Users]     [ALSA Devel]     [Fedora Desktop]     [Fedora SELinux]     [Big List of Linux Books]     [Yosemite News]     [KDE Users]