Re: [REGRESSION] ALSA: firewire-lib: heavy digital distortion with Fireface 800

On Thu, Jul 18, 2024 at 12:29:48PM +0000, edmund.raile wrote:
> Between the kernel releases 6.9.9 and 6.10.0, something changed that causes
> heavy digital distortion on playback from at least ALSA and PipeWire.
> The rhythm of the music is discernable in the output, so it isn't just
> random noise.
> It sounds a bit like bitcrushing, but not quite.
> The generated overtones appear to be dependet on the sample rate.
>
> I am sorry I can not be more specific, there are no kernel messages this time.
>
> As Mr. Sakamoto recently committed all these changes to firewire he might
> be able to identify the issue easily, which is why I'd like to ask him to
> look into it.
>
> Kind regards,
> Edmund Raile.
>
> #regzbot introduced: v6.9.9..v6.10

Fixes included in:
* 6.11-rc2
* 6.10.4
* 6.6.45
* 6.1.104
* 5.15.165

Thanks

Takashi Sakamoto

[Index of Archives]     [Pulseaudio]     [Linux Audio Users]     [ALSA Devel]     [Fedora Desktop]     [Fedora SELinux]     [Big List of Linux Books]     [Yosemite News]     [KDE Users]