Re: Handling complex matrix mixers in ALSA

On Thu, 4 Jul 2024, at 4:55 AM, Mark Hills wrote:
[...]
>> I think for something like this you pretty much have to rely on
>> device-specific tools to make the UX manageable
>
> For a full UX, perhaps. But the concept of a matrix mixer itself is
> general enough.
>
> Perhaps there could be a UI tool which is self contained with one purpose,
> to control a 'standard' matrix mixer. It could be invoked alongside
> alsamixer or other mixer tool, and multiple times if there are multiple
> matrix mixers on a piece of hardware.

If this were generalised, it might be possible for the functionality to be exposed via the audio server as well, which allows for things like sandboxing, etc. to work nicely too.

-- Arun

[Index of Archives]     [Pulseaudio]     [Linux Audio Users]     [ALSA Devel]     [Fedora Desktop]     [Fedora SELinux]     [Big List of Linux Books]     [Yosemite News]     [KDE Users]