Re: testing/selftests/alsa/mixer-test: 10 failures on Dell XPS 13 9360

On Fri, 14 Jun 2024 13:42:05 +0200,
Jaroslav Kysela wrote:

> On 14. 06. 24 13:33, Takashi Iwai wrote:
> > On Mon, 03 Jun 2024 13:38:18 +0200,
> > Mark Brown wrote:

> >> Yeah, I mean I tend to think the whole accepting invalid values thing is
> >> questionable to start off with so I do think that's a good idea.  That
> >> said we probably should still be fixing the drivers as well.
> >
> > OK, I'm going to submit a patch set for addressing those.
>
> I think that this check should be optional (as discussed some years
> ago), because the driver code can implement the validation / bitmask
> handling in a more efficient way that we can do in the ALSA core
> code. Those double checks are not so nice. But they may be enabled by
> default as suggested to log problems for users building custom
> kernels, IMHO.

Yes, what I've worked on are the coverage in HD-audio and vmaster code
as well as the enablement of validation for user control elements.
It's not about unconditional enablement of input validation.

thanks,

Takashi

[Index of Archives]     [Pulseaudio]     [Linux Audio Users]     [ALSA Devel]     [Fedora Desktop]     [Fedora SELinux]     [Big List of Linux Books]     [Yosemite News]     [KDE Users]