Re: About snd_soc_dai_set_fmt()

On Wed, Jun 05, 2024 at 06:17:34PM +0800, Shengjiu Wang wrote:

>    Some use cases require that the format of transmitter and receiver
> are different.
>    Shall we define a new .set_fmt_xxx() function to support setting
> fmt for transmitter and receiver separately?

>    For example:
>    int snd_soc_dai_set_fmt_xxx(struct snd_soc_dai *dai, unsigned int
> tx_fmt, unsigned int rx_fmt);

Do you have an example of such a use case?  If you can do that it feels
more like one end has two single direction DAIs (ISTR some of the
Freescale platforms were built like that?) and it might be better to do
that and make it easier to combine two DAIs.  That would also work for
things like combining dedicated DACs and ADCs.

[Index of Archives]     [Pulseaudio]     [Linux Audio Users]     [ALSA Devel]     [Fedora Desktop]     [Fedora SELinux]     [Big List of Linux Books]     [Yosemite News]     [KDE Users]