Advice for creating a MIDI device out of HID reports

Good day,
I have a Mad Catz Fender Mustang Pro-Guitar for Nintendo Wii that was sold for the Rock Band 3 game. The guitar controller comes with a wireless USB dongle that is recognized as HID class when connected to a PC. The controller also comes with a MIDI port that requires a MIDI interface to connect to.

Since the controller comes with a way of communicating wirelessly and that have the HID reports figured out, I would like some advice about how to go about the implemention of a MIDI device.

Would it make sense to create a MIDI driver which would convert the HID reports to MIDI outputs?
Should this be done in the userspace or in the kernel space?

I have looked for examples in the kernel source but failed.

I appreciate the input. Thanks in advance!

Daniel Nguyen

[Index of Archives]     [Pulseaudio]     [Linux Audio Users]     [ALSA Devel]     [Fedora Desktop]     [Fedora SELinux]     [Big List of Linux Books]     [Yosemite News]     [KDE Users]