Re: KVM image fails to resume

Me (the OP) again.

Did some testing.

First copied the files and booted the copied image on another machine (nfs mounted the image).
First, made a copy of the image (e4.raw). Renamed it to ex.raw.
Booted a second machine (call it ex) from a f38 iso.
Installed the necessary packages and started the image. Had to subdue selinux and change the uuid.
It came up and looks OK. Shut down this VM and the host (ex).

I then booted the clone (ex) vm on my original machine. It came up here too (this is f40).

So, while I still cannot properly resume the original vm (e4), at lease I know that I can cold boot it.

Does anyone know how to resume the image (my original question)?