Re: dm-crypt performance regression due to workqueue changes

Hello,

On Mon, Jul 01, 2024 at 02:52:19PM +0100, Daniel P. Berrangé wrote:
> None the less, I'd suggest that virt-manager should be a explicitly
> asking for sockets=1,cores=N, as that has broader guest OS compatibility.

+1. Multiple sockets is pretty uncommon and often comes with significant
performance implications - e.g. if VM is also splitting memory into N nodes,
that can lead to significant higher overhead during reclaim due to node
imbalances and premature OOMs. If the reported topology is not real, it
makes a lot more sense to keep it basic.

Thanks.

--
tejun