Re: Command line equivalent for cpu pinning

On Fri, Jun 28, 2024 at 11:52 AM Michal Prívozník <mprivozn@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'm not sure why you want to replicate what libvirt does, but anyway.

[snip]

Happy hacking!
Michal

Thanks for your reply, Michal.
It is not for hacking, but mainly for curiosity.
I never really reasoned about it before, but until yesterday I wrongly assumed that all the details for the VM, set from within virt-manager (or similar) or with "virsh edit", were driven then through and translated into command line parameters.
I was following some instructions on a github project with Intel TDX enablement and the examples were using a direct qemu-system-x86_64 command, so that it came to my mind the question about how to confine the VM virtual cpus to only one specific physical processor to optimize latency and what command line parameters could have been necessary to add.

Gianluca