Re: VM won't start from virt-manager -- Unable to open system.token

On 2 Jan 2024 09:47 -0600, from john@xxxxxxxxxxxx (John W. Himpel):
> I just updated libvirt to 9.10.0-3 and virt-manager to 4.1.0-4.  Before
> the update, I could start my defined VMs from virt-manager without
> issue.  Now I get the following:
>
> Error starting domain: can't connect to virtlogd.  Unable to open
> system.token /run/libvirt/common/system.token: Permission  denied
>
> I am running virt-manager from my unpriviledged userid.  My userid is
> already a member of the libvirt group.
>
> I see no error messages in the journal or in any of the logs under
> /var/log

Have you checked ~/.cache/virt-manager/virt-manager.log for clues? See
virt-manager(1) under --debug.

--
Michael Kjörling                     🔗 https://michael.kjorling.se
“Remember when, on the Internet, nobody cared that you were a dog?”