Does libvirt support intra-host KVM migration?

Hello all, I'm reposting this to the libvirt-users list:

I looked around for documentation on intra-host KVM migration but haven't
found much.  For example, this could be useful to "migrate" VM to run on
an upgraded version of `qemu-kvm` without migrating to a different host
and migrating back.

We tested migrating a VM to the same host on an old version of libvirt
(el7), and it complained about UUID conflicts if the destination already
hosts the same VM.

Changing the name or the UUID in the destination XML during migration
(`virsh migrate --xml`) gives an error that the UUID or name does not
match during migration:

UUID change:
        error: unsupported configuration: Target domain uuid 66a113f4-a101-4db1-8478-49cf088fedb9 does not matchsource b5256b25-e137-45b8-bddb-78545ab55fc4

Name change:
        error: unsupported configuration: Target domain name 'diskless2' does not match source 'diskless'

Questions before we do more testing:

        - Do modern versions of libvirt support intra-host migration?
        - If so, which version?
        - Documentation?

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

--
Eric Wheeler