Re: virsh not connecting to libvertd ?

Thank you Lars.

My next step is to try TCP rather than unix socket.

Just to clarify:

* I am using ubuntu 22.04 LTS
* systemd shows libvirtd no errors and its running and creates unix
sockets in /run/libvirt/libvirt-sock
* none of the services are failing.
* I have been trying to turn on every debugging feature possible, no
errors with virsh or libvirtd services.
* recently tried gdb attaching to libvirtd and virsh process and not
seeing any errors.

Recently tried a identical vm with 22.04 and all patches and compared
permissions, files opened(lsof) , logs ..etc. THe new vm virsh connects
not problem. My two existing hyperviros are still dead.

The only difference between my new test VM and the dead hypervisors if the
problem hypervisors use a mounted cephfs to store virtual machines.

I have not tried to unmount the cephfs yet. Maybe its causing delays in
something? The virsh and /etc/libvirtd/ is local to the hypervisor. I only
use the cephfs to store the images.

This problem started around the same time my cephfs storage had issues.

thanks

jerry

Lars Kellogg-Stedman