Re: issue about libvirtd: daemon can not start

On Fri, May 5, 2023 at 3:13 PM 王东亚 <dongya.wang@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
hi,

    I installed kmv on ubuntu-22.04-desktop-amd64, after installing some necessary package (qemu-kvm libvirt-daemon-system libvirt-clients bridge-utils virtinst), the libvirtd can not get start, actually, when I running systemctl start libvirtd.service,
libvirt-daemon*.deb should be installed as well. They will provide the drivers for qemu, storage, etc.

 ubuntu-22.04-desktop-amd64 is using libvirt 8.0.0. For that libvirt version, it is better to switch to libvirt modular daemons(https://libvirt.org/daemons.html#modular-driver-daemons)
So please stop libvirtd service and start the necessary sockets of libvirt modular daemons, like virtlogd.socket, virtqemud.socket, virtstoraged.socket, and virtnetwork.socket.
And then you can continue your next steps.
it'll run a little while (about 3 sec) and then it stops, or should I say it never start. I checked the status, it says  ExecStart=/user/sbin/libvirtd $LIBVIRTD_ARGS (code=dumped, signal=TRAP)
I processed journalctl -p err, it says   ../../../glib/gmem.c:167 failed to allocate xxxxxxx bytes
my laptop has 8G phycial memory
    any suggestion will be appricate.
    Best Regards.