libvirt error - "cannot set CPU affinity"

Hello,

I am getting the following error message when trying to run a VM with the emulatorpin cpuset set to a value -

"cannot set CPU affinity on process 78: Invalid argument".

Note that removing the emulatorpin leads to the VM running successfully.

The core that I am setting for the emulatorpin cpuset is present on the system and is not in the isolcpus set of the host.

Any suggestions on what could be the problem? Any pointers to how to debug the issue would help greatly too.

Some further details if they help - I am using kubevirt (KubeVirt.io) which uses libvirt to manage VM instances in a kubernetes environment. The libvirt version being used is 8.0.0.

Thanks,
Dipanjan Das