hook script for changing disk definition before guest start

Hi all,
due to this [1] I am trying to change a guest's disk definition from "pool volume" to "file" via hook scripts.

This seems an easy task via virsh detach-disk and virsh attach-disk, but virsh can not be called inside libvirt hook scripts. The best approach would be to change the disk definition right when a disk is attached, but I can not find any event calling a hook script when a disk is attache/detached.

Do you have any suggestion short of monitoring the directory /etc/libvirt/qemu itself for changed files?
Thanks.

[1] https://github.com/cockpit-project/cockpit-machines/issues/815

--
Danti Gionatan