Re: Can RHEL7 VM run remote commands to Fedora36 host?

On Fri, Jul 29, 2022 at 08:19:04AM -0400, Carol Bouchard wrote:
> The only reason I toggled libvirtd was because the remote virsh commands
> failed and
> I could see the socket didn't exist.  That suggests to me that virtproxyd
> wasn't up AND
> it was configured at disabled.

Note, that it is important to distinguish the service from the sockets.

In Fedora 36, not only are we using modular daemons by default, but we
also use socket activation.  In a fresh install, you should only see
the following services enabled

 virtqemud.service
 virtxend.service
 virtlxcd.service

Those are needed becuase of requiremenmt todo VM auto-start on host
bootup.

For everything else we only expect sockets enabled:

 virtproxyd.socket
 virtinterfaced.socket
 virtnetworkd.socket
 virtnodedevd.socket
 virtnwfilterd.socket
 virtsecretd.socket
 virtstoraged.socket

IOW,  virtproxyd.service should not be enabled - it is autostarted
when someone connects to virtproxyd.socket.

And nothing related to libvirtd.service or libvirtd.socket should
be enabled

With regards,
Daniel