Re: managed save returns "migration with virtiofs device is not supported"

On Thu, Jun 16, 2022 at 13:09:11 +0200, Francesc Guasch wrote:
> El 15/6/22 a les 23:25, Ján Tomko ha escrit:
> > On a Wednesday in 2022, Francesc Guasch wrote:
> > > Hello. I have a virtual machine with a virtiofs entry configured.
> > >
> > > When I try to do a managed save it fails with this message:
> > >
> > >    libvirt error code: 55, message: Requested operation is not valid:
> > >    migration with virtiofs device is not supported
> > >

> > Yes, this is not yet implemented.
> >

> ok ! Thanks for answering me.
>
> What still puzzles me is I didn't want to do a migration.
> I just wanted to do managed save.
>
> Does this error message still applies ?

Saving of the execution state of a VM is basically identical to
migration. In case of qemu it is actually implemented using a migration
into the save file.

Certain configurations simply don't work with it either due to technical
reasons (e.g. restoring state of a hardware device might not be possible
to the extent that it's transparent to the guest OS) or not implemented.