Re: After restarted libvirtd service, live migration VM hit an issue 'Target CPU check default does not match source none'

On Sun, Jun 12, 2022 at 9:31 PM 梁朝军 <jesonliang040705@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi All,

BTW, don't send the email to any member of the mail list. It is not someone's duty to answer it.
Just only send it to the mail list.

After  restarted the libvirtd service on the source host,  we start live migration VM to destination host and often hit an issue 'unsupported configuration: Target CPU check default does not match source none’

We don’t configure any special setting for CPU model when start VM and I think it should be ‘custom’ mode by default . Furthermore , those two hosts for doing live migration have almost the same capabilities as below.
Please provides the guest CPU XML, the CPU model of the src and the dst hosts:
# virsh dumpxml YOUR_VM --inactive|xmllint --xpath //cpu -
(VM is live)
# virsh dumpxml YOUR_VM |xmllint --xpath //cpu -

# virsh capabilities|xmllint --xpath //cpu -

It’s confused me why failed to check the cpu configuration after restart libvitd service on source host?

The libvirt version is 7.9.0, package: 1.el8 (Unknown, 2021-11-28-22:35:11) private build
Host OS version : rhat8.4
QEMU version: QEMU 5.1 private build

Any comments are appreciated.

Thanks