Networking on macOS host, without TunTap

Dear libvirt users,

I’m trying to get the following setup up and running:

libvirt+qemu on a macOS Monterey host, with a Debian 11 guest. The domain type
is hvf.

The thing I’m struggling with now is how to configure networking in a sane
way. Older articles reference the “TunTap” project, but AFAICT this software it
is no longer recommended.

Does anyone know of a good way to add networking to this setup without using
TunTap?

Best regards,
Carl Winbäck