Re: Libgfapi gone too?

On Fri, Dec 10, 2021 at 11:28:29AM +0000, Daniel P. Berrangé wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 10, 2021 at 11:18:16AM +0000, lejeczek wrote:
> > Guys, @redhat and all the others responsible - Official (but also blogs,
> > changelogs, man pages, etc) docs have begun to form -
> > https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_enterprise_linux/9-beta
> > Please put all those _critical_ changes everywhere and admin might go first
> > to read for what's new & different, make it underscored + in-bold I'd
> > suggest.
>
> I would ultimately expect this kind of thing to be documented in the
> release notes, under some kind of heading like "incompatible changes"
> or similar.  We're only at 9.0-beta though, so docs are not all
> fully fleshed out yet.

The document you're looking for is

  https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_enterprise_linux/9-beta/html-single/considerations_in_adopting_rhel_9/index

and the part specific to virtualization is

  https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_enterprise_linux/9-beta/html-single/considerations_in_adopting_rhel_9/index#ref_changes-to-virtualization_assembly_virtualization

The removal of SPICE is mentioned, but that of glusterfs isn't. If
you look at

  https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_enterprise_linux/9-beta/html-single/considerations_in_adopting_rhel_9/index#removed-packages_assembly_changes-to-packages

you'll see that the qemu-kvm-block-gluster and
libvirt-daemon-driver-storage-gluster packages have been dropped, but
it's questionable whether this is prominent enough for people to
actually notice.