Re: Libvirt Snapshot Question

Hey man, I tried both suggestions, thanks again.

Option 1.) Create/attach a second qcow2 disk & unplug when wiping.
This did not work unfortunately. After wiping the overlay filesystem on the host (where the snapshots are sitting), I cannot create another snapshot, a similar error message like before appears.

Option 2.) Enabling Discard

Now I think this worked, but I'm not sure. I read all the docs, and enabled discard like so on the VM domain:

<driver name='qemu' type='qcow2' discard='unmap'>

I tried both discard=unmap and discard=on (same thing)

Then I enabled fstrim in the guest like this:
(Not entirely sure if I am missing smth)
sudo fstrim -av
Or permanently
sudo systemctl enable --now fstrim.timer