Re: about pcie-hot-plug on aarch64

On Fri, Oct 08, 2021 at 04:54:37PM +0800, Jaze Lee wrote:
> Hello,
>     We run Openstack Stein on arm. It  runs nova-compute(use libvirt
> as virt driver) on arm host. We found when built with disks (use ceph
> rbd) on arm hosts, the vm can not attach all disk correctly. For
> example, built with six disks, the vm may attach three disks. No
> obvious error can be fond in nova-compute, libvirt. We compare aarch64
> and x86, find when detach disk, the dmesg of the vm's os is different.
> May be the pciehg parameter is different?
>
> Did anyone met the problem?  Or some suggestions?

I think you might have just ran out of PCI ports available for
hotplug. Please try setting

  https://docs.openstack.org/nova/stein/configuration/config.html#libvirt.num_pcie_ports

to a reasonable value and see whether that helps.

Note that, since you're using libvirt through OpenStack and not
directly, you're more likely to find someone who's able to help you
out if you use the OpenStack support channels.