Re: how to get enabled features

On Fri, Oct 1, 2021 at 10:00 AM Jiatong Shen <yshxxsjt715@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello community,

  I am trying to learn how to use dtrace and systemtap for libvirt, as the documentation says it seems to enable `--with-dtrace` when compiling. I am installing libvirt using apt install and is it possible to determine if dtrace is built by
If your libvirt is built yourself, you should enable dtrace by  `--with-dtrace`(version<6.7.0) or `-Ddtrace=enabled`(version>=6.7.0). See https://libvirt.org/kbase/systemtap.html

Since you mentioned your libvirt is installed by apt, the dtrace is enabled or not depending on whether the package builder enables dtrace or not when building the libvirt package. For debian, you can check the libvirt build result of your libvirt version(https://buildd.debian.org/status/logs.php?pkg=libvirt). If there is `--with-dtrace` or `-Ddtrace=enabled` in the build result, it usually means the libvirt dtrace is enabled.
running some libvirt commands?

Thank you.

--

Best Regards,