Re: issue when not using acpi indices in libvirt 7.4.0 and qemu 6.0.0

On Wed, 23 Jun 2021 at 18:59, Daniel P. Berrangé <berrange@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[...]
So your config here does NOT list any ACPI indexes

Exactly, I don't list any ACPI indices.

> After upgrading to libvirt 7.4.0 and qemu 6.0.0, the XML snippet above
> yielded:
> - ens1 for the first virtio interface => OK
> - rename4 for the second virtio interface => **KO**
> - ens3 for the PCI passthrough interface  => OK

So from libvirt's POV, nothing should have changed upon upgrade,
as we wouldn't be setting any ACPI indexes by default.

Can you show the QEMU command line from /var/log/libvirt/qemu/$GUEST.log
both before and after the libvirt upgrade.

Sure, here it is before the upgrade: https://pastebin.com/ZzKd2uRJ
And here after the upgrade: https://pastebin.com/EMu6Jgat
(there is a minor difference in the disks which shouldn't be related to this issue)

Thanks!

Riccardo