Re: virtiofs mounted filesystems & SELinux

Adding the <binary xattr='on'> element to the <filesystem> device does seem to spawn virtiofsd with the option string "source=/home,xattr". My guest can no longer mount the device though.

It errors with:

[ 170.225553] 9pnet_virtio: no channels available
mount: mount(2) failed: No such file or directory

I think what this is doing is causing libvirt to create the device as a virtiofs device instead of a 9p device. The EL7 kernel doesn't have a virtiofs driver, so it can't mount virtiofs devices.

My knowledge is unfortunately limited about the nuances between 9p and virtiofs. So I'm mostly experimenting by trial-and-error here.