Re: Confusion over networking configuration - I might be able to do some documentation

On Mon, Apr 12, 2021 at 2:02 PM Ed B <HYPER-NOVA@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

==== To give more details on my setup: My network has a pfsense instance which is able to provide IP addresses to local machines. I would like to use the same pfsense machine to provide IP addresses to virtual machines. If I am not mistaken, the only way to do this would be to bridge the network on which the VMs reside to the network on which the pfsense machine resides.

If I compare with my Fedora 33 configuration (libvirt 3.0.0 and virt-manager 3.2.0) when you want bridged mode, you don't have to add a network, but when you add a vnic or customize an existing vnic, in network source you can put it on one of the existing virtual networks or you have two additional options:
. Macvtap device
. Bridge device

So you should choose the last one
HIH,