Re: libvirt 7.2.0 domainbackup

Got a little bit further. "virsh backup-begin jitsi jitsi-backup.xml" works and I have a backup file now. VM was running all the time. Question. Is it save to use this function this way? Currently I do:

virsh snapshot-create-as --domain jitsi weekly --diskspec vda,file=/var/lib/libvirt/jitsi/jitsi_weekly.qcow2-$(date +%Y-%m-%d) --disk-only --atomic --no-metadata

ncftpput -V -F -d ...

virsh blockcommit jitsi vda --active --verbose --pivot

So while the backup is being written there is no write operation happening to the file.

Any thoughts?

cheers, t.

On 2021-04-07 19:03, Thomas Stein wrote:
Hello one and all.

Just wanted to check out the new feature domainbackup but having
trouble to configure it. I thought I just have to put

<domainbackup>
  <disks>
    <disk name='vda' type='file'>
      <target file='/var/lib/libvirt/jitsi'/>
      <driver type='raw'/>
    </disk>
  </disks>
</domainbackup>

at the top level of my domain xml file but that does not seem to work. I get:

error: XML document failed to validate against schema: Unable to
validate doc against /usr/share/libvirt/schemas/domain.rng
Element domain has extra content: domainbackup

Can someone please push me in the right direction?

cheers, t.