vcenter on esxi on KVM on RHEL8

I tried something new at the weekend - I created a lab for ansible experiments.
One PC, two ESXi VMs, some nested guests.

Is this a sensible thing to attempt?

vcenter  ubuntu1   ubuntu2
-------  -------   -------
ESXi1              ESXI2
----------------   -------------
KVM
--------------------------------
RHEL 8
--------------------------------
ASUS PN50

Everything within ESXi1 works fine, but communication with the outside world is not fine.  Before I get into troubleshooting details, I thought I'd just check if this is a reasonable thing to do, or if I'm heading in the wrong direction.

Thanks, Nick

--

Nick Hardiman, RHCA

Senior Consultant