Re: Virtual Network API for QEMU

On 3/27/21 8:39 AM, Radek Simko wrote:
Hi,
According to this support matrix https://libvirt.org/hvsupport.html#virNetworkDriver <https://libvirt.org/hvsupport.html#virNetworkDriver>
there is no support for any APIs other than hypervisor ones for qemu.
For example virConnectNumOfNetworks is not supported.

I'm afraid I don't understand your question. Which hypervisor are you using that you think virConnectNumOfNetworks isn't supported. The only possible meaning I can get from the above sentences is that you think virConnectNumOfNetworks isn't supported when qemu is the hypervisor, which is definitely *not* true.

As a matter of fact, essentiall *all* of the functions in the matrix are supported when qemu is the hypervisor, pretty much every one of them ever since their original introduction (e.g., the function you reference has been supported since libvirt 0.2.0, which was released in February 2007).

Are you possibly misinterpreting the contents of the support matrix?

Is there any particular reason this is not supported? Has any development in that area been attempted in the past? Would contributions adding support be welcomed?

Thanks,

Radek Simko