Upgrading the host

Hello--

I'm planning on upgrading the OS on my host machine by doing manual re-installation, which will trigger an upgrade of libvirt from 1.1.3 to 6.1.0.  Hardware, storage volumes & paths, etc., will be the same after upgrade.

I was going to redefine & start everything from .xml files, starting with the network

    virsh net-define <network XML>
    virsh net-autostart <network>
    virsh net-start <network>

and following with all the guests

    virsh define <domain XML>
    virsh autostart <domain>
    virsh start <domain>

I have the following questions:
  1. Do I need to generate XML dumps manually, or is it ok to use the ones from host's /etc/libvirt?
  2. Do I need to define & start storage pools & volumes explicitly, or will they be picked up from domain definitions?
  3. Anything else I should worry about or prepare ahead?

--Marcin