Re: How to enable libvirtd auth just like oVirt ?

On Mon, Jan 18, 2021 at 8:33 AM tommy <sz_cuitao@xxxxxxx> wrote:

How can I enable auth in my libvirtd env just like oVirt ?

Thanks.

The main howto file for doing this in general with libvirt is here:
https://libvirt.org/auth.html

Based on what oVirt 4.3 and 4.4 configure inside the files:
/etc/libvirt/libvirtd.conf
/etc/sasl2/libvirt.conf

you can map the howto above possible choices with what you want and so mimic oVirt behavior.
If I read correctly the above files, it should be sasl authentication mechanism with DIGEST-MD5 plugin and SCRAM mechanism for both oVirt 4.3 and 4.4

HIH,
Gianluca