Building libvirt library without libvirtd or virsh

Hello there,

I'm trying to play with musl and libvirt to see if I'm able to build a libvirt client binary without dynamic lib dependencies. I have two questions:

1) to your knowledge, is this exercise futile?

2) Do you know if there is a way to *only* compile the library bits?

I want to reduce the number of dependencies in the build, and only construct the libvirt libraries, not libvirtd nor virsh.

Roman.-