Question about reduced memory by balloon driver (QEMU specific?)

Hi guys,

When a guest's memory is dynamically reduced with setMemory API (and "balloon" QMP API), I'm wondering whether the virtio-balloon driver in the guest is consuming such reduced memory.

If so, how can I see that the memory virtio-balloon is consuming?
and is it possible the virtio-balloon has such a huge memory even though it's a kernel module??

Thanks,