Re: pass-though Intel gpu int o a vm

On 8/12/20 12:46 PM, daggs wrote:
what is the proper uri to use?

If you run virt-manager on some other machine, then select "File / New Connection", you will get a dialog box that will prompt you for the info needed, and create the proper URI for you. Utually it is "qemu+ssh://root@$remotehost/system".

Sent: Wednesday, August 12, 2020 at 7:23 PM
From: "Erik Skultety" <eskultet@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: "daggs" <daggs@xxxxxxx>
Cc: libvirt-users@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: pass-though Intel gpu int o a vm

PS: You can even try assigning the GPU from within virt-manager which produces
the right XML bits for libvirt. I've never tried assigning an integrated Intel
GPU on my laptop (for obvious reasons), so I can't give you the kind of answer
guaranteeing this would work 100%.

the system in question is a headless server so virt-manager is nto an option.
thanks for the suggestion thought.

virt-manager can connect to libvirtd running on the headless server machine
remotely, so I still think it could be of help to you ;).

Erik