Re: Problem with xen config

On 8/10/20 4:38 AM, Christoph wrote:

xen_platform_pci=1

This setting is not supported in the libvirt libxl driver, but AFAICT
libxl sets the default to 'true' for HVM guests.

pci_msitranslate=1

This is also not supported in libvirt and unfortunately defaults to
'false'.

pci_permissive = 1

Patches have been submitted for this setting but so far there has not
been agreement on the schema change

https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2020-April/msg01230.html

Hmm, so I see that discussion stalled after I asked a few questions, and then you (Jim) made a few suggestions about where the attribute should go and what it should be named. (note for newcomers - the original patch messages linked above were at the end of April, but the replies discussing them were in May, so they don't show up directly in the primitive mailman archive page for the original messages; to see them you need to go here:

https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2020-May/thread.html

then search for "permissive" in the page - this will show you followups to all the original patch mails.

I'm not sure who should be pushing the discussion/decision - I've already said my piece, and would be just as happy with anything as long as it doesn't interfere with usage for qemu. Maybe someone else has a stronger opinion.