macvtap direct

Hi

Couple of questions around macvtap direct usage:

1) is the document here current?
https://libvirt.org/formatnetwork.html#examplesDirect

I have been able to get host to guest network traffic without any special configuration or switch since Fedora 28 when I first started using it. Using <forward mode=vepa> requires switch port mirroring, but just using <forward mode=bridge> doesn't.

2) do any of the language libraries make assumptions that libvirt networks must have a <bridge name=xx> attribute? Foreman's Ruby interface to libvirt errors out with attempting to build a VM on a KVM host with a network defined with <forward mode=bridge>
https://projects.theforeman.org/issues/25890

thanks
Subhendu