Re: Libvirt APIs for creating virtual networks

On 5/7/20 2:18 PM, Santhosh Kumar Gunturu wrote:

Does the libvirt has any capabilities to get the statistics of DHCP server ? How many packets received/sent ?
Is there a way to get those statistics if the APIs are not available ?

libvirt spawns a dnsmasq instance for each network to handle DHCP services, so libvirt itself doesn't see any of that traffic. A quick search for "statistic" in the dnsmasq man page shows that when you send the dnsmasq process a SIGUSR1, it will write a bung of statistics to the system log, and that you can apparently also get some of the data via sending a special dns request to the server. Just search for "statistics" in "man dnsmasq". I don't know if any of the information they're logging is what you're after, but as far as I can see, that's what is available and how to get to it.