Re: domain: how long is new xml in saved file

On 4/24/20 6:38 AM, Vincent Wu wrote:

The save format is fragile. At the beginning there is a header which describes the file, then there is libvirt section (which contains the domain XML and a cookie) and then there is QEMU section (where QEMU saved the guest memory). Because of this, we have to have the check you are hitting in place so that we don't accidentally overwrite the QEMU section.

But, what you can do is provide the changed XML not in virDomainSaveImageDefineXML() but provide it to virDomainRestoreFlags() which doesn't check for XML length.

Michal